...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Red Ball Gown - Retro Reproduction



















Again, please pardon the poor photography...sometimes I don't have time to wait for the afternoon sun, and the flash wreaks havoc with the fabric reflection, but sans flash I get all kinds of funny colors. At least you can see the shape.





This dress is made of lipstick-red taffeta, with a ton of red tulle and red netting underneath as a self-crinoline to hold out the skirt. I found the drape a bit of a challenge, as the taffeta is stiffer and heavier than whatever the original dress was made of (see the photo at the bottom of the page.)



"I received the dress yesterday and I love it. It turned out really well... And it's very slimming!"


- H.K. in Washington, D.C.















0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP