Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
This was the second time I'd worked with these materials...
Monday, June 7, 2010
Plural, because I made six dresses for her wedding.
Here is one.
(and a half, because I altered the one I'm wearing.)
(That's me on the bed.)
(I got terrible wrinkles in my vintage sky blue acetate-and-lace gown, just for relaxing for a few minutes like that. The nerve.)
And here are some of the bridesmaids. The strapless dresses are the Eclair pattern, unaltered, that was also the basis for my flower dress in the previous post. The pleated-ruffle-collar dress is a pattern of my own making (I got some basic dimensions from Simplicity #2497.)
I will be posting some good, up close images later on of all the dresses - I have to get them from the incredible photographers who sensibly protect their photos on their websites from nefarious photo-stealing people like myself. They didn't protect a few of their Facebook postings, which is how I stole these, but they are my personal friends and will forgive me.
Photos (so far) by photolodico. More to come from both her and redleafphotography.
So I opted for little sleep and a lot of fun.
This photo courtesy of Red Leaf Photography.