...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Anemone Dress


This is a prototype pattern that I developed while creating a birthday party dress for a customer recently. She ended up going with a modified design, with a slightly longer waist and a narrower skirt, but I fell in love with this little round-waisted, party-skirt dress!

































This was my first attempt at tsumami/kanzashi inspired folded floral embellishments, and they are so much fun to make. The dress was designed around the vintage brooch shown in this photo.















Ignore the messy craft-storage-overflow behind the dress - I just wanted to show you how cute it is on a body. =)




















I'm particularly tickled with the back. Our inspiration dress photo (it was a vintage piece; since taken off the interwebs, so I can't show you) didn't include a back view, so I got to play around with how I wanted it. I really like the combination of tailored princess seams and that lovely waistline with the little bit of gathering that also makes the dress very dance-able - because you can actually move in it.

This actual gown (roughly size 6) will soon be on sale in my Etsy shop and can also be ordered in other colors and sizes.

1 comments:

Natalie August 24, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

I am so excited about this!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP