...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In Which To Play Croquet and Be Wed

"Oh, it came and it's beautiful! It fits perfectly, and I'm so happy with it. My sister, mother, mother-in-law, and best friend all (separately) said "That dress is so YOU!" when I sent them the pictures...I can't think of anything else I'd rather have heard. Thank you so much, Bekah, it's the best dress I could have asked for."


- E.G. in Chicago









This wedding gown is a departure from my favorite crisp silks; a hemp/cotton blend, much like linen in texture, though softer and less stubborn about wrinkling. The bride had specifically requested something light, comfortable, and strong, because she is having an outdoor wedding and wanted to be able to play lawn games and "chase my nieces around."



The buttons are functional and hide a zipper that's just under the left side of the back centerline.


3 comments:

Natalie August 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

This is gorgeous! I want one for me too!!!

Anonymous September 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM  

The dress is perfectly titled as one in which to play croquet and be wed. It might have, in bygone days, have been an example of the "afternoon dress.". I was married, in fact, in my great-grandmother's exquisite fine cotton batiste afternoon dress... embroidery everywhere, tiny inverted pleats, handmade lace.

Your work appears to breathe, "Perfection!" and poetry!

I don't suppose you ever might relocate to Atlanta, Georgia?

Bekah Tuggy September 28, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

Thank you both for your comments! I take great pleasure in creating well-made, fitting-to-the-occasion pieces.

I don't plan on relocating to Atlanta, but I'm only a couple of hours away and have worked with customers there (so I welcome the recommendation to anyone you know who may want to use my services.) Your great-grandmother's dress sounds lovely. It's very difficult to find anything made with that level of skill and time required, anymore.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP