...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Pink and Purple

A bright and happy custom-made dress for a South Carolinian mother-of-the-bride (I don't wear pink very often, but my six-year-old inner princess has just died and gone to heaven)!


This customer wanted a hot pink dress similar in styling to my Anemone Dress, but with several modifications: a lower neckline, an included self-crinoline, and a pleated sash with three contrasting kanzashi-style folded silk flowers.


Everyone in the wedding party and family were told to wear bright colors. I can only imagine what a dazzling party it is going to be - like flowers everywhere!



(These flowers are so much fun to make, especially if you're using a nice thin silk that finger-creases well. These are three variations I took off the tutorial kindly put up by my friend Deborah of BeeHoney Designs.)

2 comments:

Anonymous June 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

Beautiful design and execution!

Anonymous June 25, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

you never cease to amaze me. Beautifully executed, darling!
~Hannah

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP