...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Fox Went Out on a Friday Night

Virgil Fox in bright blue linen







I never set out to do stuffed animals - but necessity begets creativity, and I am in the phase of life where my friends are having children. Enter the baby shower.


Some people like going to Target. I don't really have anything against it, and I recognize the value of registries...but our Target is clear on the other side of the city, and I shrink from big stores. Whenever I don't have to go in them, I stay out. So - I started making my own gifts.






First came the Maxwell Bunnies - the first of which was designed in a fit of desperation a couple of hours before a shower. I like their simplicity and smallness - they're great for newborns - but then Virgil Fox occurred to me. I drew up a pattern, and he didn't come out at all as I imagined. He's wide-faced, has a pompous little tummy, an almost concave backside with a wagging tail, and gave me a fit of the giggles as I stuffed him and saw the shape he was going to have. Sometimes, the unintentional aspects of a project turn out to be the best parts!

Virgil Fox in rusty faux suede with a chenille muffler






I think he's the self-appointed mayor of the forest.


Photos of Virgil Fox supplied graciously by Red Leaf Photography - as always, exactly how I wanted them! 


You can own your own Blue Linen or Rusty Virgil Fox .

2 comments:

Segue February 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Very cool, Bekah! I am so jealous of you craft-y types!

Silvii February 2, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE these. And your blog!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP