...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Royal Blue

I've long been fascinated by peacocks (but then, who hasn't?). Near our church in rural South Carolina, where I grew up, a family friend kept a gigantic concrete swimming pool open during the summer. We'd go swim, and the peacocks in the surrounding woods cried their weird cries.

Freehand embroidery in a pretty nifty frame I came across (free with purchase - click here to check it out)
Peacocks are regal, in the way they strut around, but it's really their colors that make them seem so rich. I came across some iridescent floss that almost glows in the deep colors, and rather than going with the full palette for this little kingly fellow, I focused on the royal blue.

2 comments:

Unknown March 5, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

Oh the cement pool that ate up my poor toes...I remember it well! I too have loved peacocks since being at their home... I think we got 'spelled'! :) miss you Bekster!


INTREPID!!!!! xD

Bekah Tuggy March 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

Angie - oh the memories that come flooding back! The little lady at that church we sang at, that rose up on her toes every time she sang "Love LIFTED me"...I miss you too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP