...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Minxy Dress

Remember that amazingly beautiful red dupioni I used for these bridesmaid dresses? Well, I bought a bolt of it at the time, since we weren't sure how much we were going to use up. And I have quite a bit of it left. I take it out from time to time, look at it, sigh with happiness, and then go about my day.

I would like to use it up for great projects, though; and this past Christmas, I had the opportunity to put a few yards to another good use. A lovely little friend of mine was going on a cruise with her family for the holidays, and she wanted a vintage-looking, sassy gown to wear for on-board partying. We put our heads together, and this is what we came up with!








The full skirt and flat-pleated ruffle along the sweetheart neckline were the customer's ideas; the buttons and darted bodice were mine. Oh, rich red, you are my friend! So good to work with you again!





The buttons were faceted and added such a nice, subtle sparkle to the whole thing.
Apparently, the dress fit the bill so well that the entertainer at dinner on the ship asked her to sing (lucky for him, she actually CAN. I've heard her.) Ahhh. I love to see my work in action!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP