...currently...

Enjoying the chill in the air and dreaming up designs in velvet and wool.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Getaway Skirt

Sometimes, fabrics themselves inspire certain designs. I once ordered a satin to use for a skirt - I got a bolt of it, because it was such a good deal, but found that it wasn't exactly the stuff I needed for that particular order. It is a lovely fabric, however, and when I paired it with another impulse buy (some really great medallion lace I found), this is what came out of it!





Isn't it pretty? The combination begged for something fairly simple, but not overly traditional. I played around with it for a bit and settled on a straight skirt with a surprising twist; a flat-pleated high waist, bound with a triple-wound grosgrain ribbon and finished with a very soft ruffle formed by the pleats just spilling over the top.






You can see more photos at the Getaway Skirt listing in my Etsy shop. Thanks so much to Emily at Red Leaf Photography for featuring this skirt in a fantastic giveaway (you can still enter up until midnight tonight - February 28th - go check it out!)

2 comments:

Hannah February 28, 2011 at 6:36 PM  

Gorgeous, Tuggy! I'm always amazed at your creativity :-) That fabric is perfect for what it became.

Bekah Tuggy March 1, 2011 at 5:51 AM  

Thanks, Hannah!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP